GERMANY VISA APPLICATION
Germany is a diverse country with many attractions, rich in natural beauty, history, and unique culture shaped from historical influences, amazing cuisine, and architecture, there is so much to explore and enjoy during a trip to this country. With its vibrancy and stunning place to explore, Germany has firmly established itself as a first rate travel destination.
Note: if you are planning to visit Germany, for a period shorter than three months for either visiting family members or friends, or sightseeing, then you may need a Schengen visa. Obtaining a Schengen visa for tourism / visiting.
Obtaining a visa to visit German for whatever purpose could be cumbersome and wearisome. Not to worry however, simply get in touch with us today to walk you through the hassle and take a chunk of the stress of you.
TYPES OF VISA:
- Tourist/visitor visa
- Student visas and permits
- Business visa
- Work/employment visa
Within the scope of this article, you can learn more about what a Schengen visa for tourism / visiting Germany is, the application process, requirements, fees and much more.
See Also: China Visa Guide
WHAT IS A TOURIST/VISITOR VISA TO GERMANY?
A Schengen Tourism / Visitor visa to Germany is a visa established by the Schengen states, which gives the opportunity to its holder to visit not only Germany, but also all of the 26 Schengen member countries. It is issued in the form of a sticker affixed to the passport of the traveler.
If you wish to enter Germany for other than tourism, it is mandatory that you apply for a student visa or work visa (national visa), or other visa types according to your purpose of entry.
The Schengen visa for tourism purposes or visiting friends and family members, limits you to only traveling and sightseeing throughout the Schengen area.
GERMANY TOURIST/VISITOR VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Application form completed in English or German. The form should be fully, honestly and correctly completed, printed and signed at the end.
- Declaration of Accuracy of Information
- Passport size photographs. Please note that these photos should be identical and fulfil the visa photo requirements as set by the Schengen states.
- Valid national passport. The passport should be no older than 10 years, and have at least one blank page in order to be able to affix visa sticker on it, and fulfill the other passport requirements.
- Schengen Travel Insurance. You should submit a confirmation letter from your health insurance stating coverage for emergency medical treatment with a minimum of €30,000.
- Proof of accommodation. This can be a hotel booking for your whole stay in the Schengen region, or a letter of invitation by a family member or friend residing in the any or the Schengen countries.
- Proof of flight reservation. You can use the visa consultation services like this one or find one online.
- Proof of financial means. This could be:
• A bank statement not older than three months or
• A letter of sponsorship by another person – Declaration of Commitment “Verpflichtungserklärungen”.
- Leave letter of your company (if employed)
- No-objection certificate.
• If you are a student, your school or university should issue this certificate to you.
• If you are an employee, your employer or the company where you work at should issue this letter to you.
• If you are not a student and you do not work either, this certificate is not required.
- A Cover Letter. This personal cover letter should explain the reason why you wish to visit Germany, how long you intend to remain there, and what you will be doing there, amongst others.
- Invitation Letter. A letter of invitation from the person the applicant is visiting in Germany, which may take the form of sponsorship or private accommodation. The invitation letter should also include the address, period of stay and contact details of the host.
- Proof of civil status. That could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card (if applicable), etc.
- Your driver’s license and/or utility bill in your name. This is required as proof of residence in the consular where you plan to apply for the visa
- If travelling unaccompanied by parent(s), consent letter signed by both parents.
- Form signed by both parents.
- Copy of the parent(s)’ passports data page.
See Also: China Study Visa
WHEN TO APPLY FOR A TOURIST/VISITOR VISA TO GERMANY
The earliest you can file you Schengen visa application is at most three months before your intended trip towards Germany. Whereas, the latest you can do so, is two weeks prior to your trip to Germany.
However, you are highly recommended to apply for a Tourism visa at least 3 weeks before your travel date in order to avoid any processing delays.
GERMAN TOURIST/VISITOR VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
In order to get a German Tourist/Visitor visa, you will have to follow the application process steps listed below:
Collect the required documents. See the list above!
- Figure out where you need to apply. This could be the German embassy / consulate / visa center in your home country.
- Schedule an interview. You may appoint it online or in person at the German consulate / embassy.
Pay the visa fee.
- Attend the interview. The interview may last around 20 minutes, during which the visa consular will ask you questions about your trip and will require your documents.
- Wait for a response on your application.
The longest time you can remain in Germany with a tourist Schengen visa is three months. However, the German embassy applied to reserves the right to decide how many days you can spend in Germany, and within which dates.
Short term (business, visit, tourist visa) 60 EUR to 75 EUR
Long term visa (student, working visa) 60 EUR to 75 EUR
VISA PROCESSING TIME
The processing of short-stay visas to Germany take around ten days to be processed. However, tourism visas may take a bit longer, since business visas or others are treated with more priority.
Need hassle free visa application? Contact us today for professional consulting services.
Eket Travels & Tours Ltd
Secondary phone: +2348056973296
Office Opening Hours:
|Monday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:00|