The services of an experienced clearing (& forwarding) agent is required at Eket Travels & Tours Ltd, a foremost client-centric company with interest in travel and student services as well as transport and logistics by extension.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties shall be, but not limited to the following:
- Ensuring the safe and successful execution of customs clearing and freight forwarding activities in accordance with the customs clearance and freight forwarding strategy and the cp business plan, and to meet defined key performance indicators to achieve business “required on site” (ros) dates.
- Ensuring that the Nigerian customs regulations and codes are aligned with company practices.
- Leverage monetary and efficiency benefits from economies of scale across the company to deliver customs clearance and freight forwarding services in a commercially sound manner.
- Develop and implement the customs clearing and freight forwarding strategy, policies, guidelines, standards, procedures and work instructions.
- Lead the development of commercially sound cost-effective, low-risk and innovative contracting strategies and contract implementation for customs clearing and freight forwarding, including third party inspection arrangements, to meet company business needs.
- Guide the full development of the customs clearing and freight forwarding team, build a cohesive team, and coach the staff according to a clear development agenda.
- Generate and issue high quality statutory, statistical, and management information reports in a timely manner
Manage the relationship with the Nigerian customs authority and clients on behalf of the company.
- Coordinate the execution of various customs audits to ensure compliance with the regulations and company policies and procedures with the objective to reduce or eliminate liabilities.
- Monitoring contractor’s local content to ensure that their contractual commitments are met.
- Preparing, monitoring, and revising customs clearing and freight forwarding budgets and contract plans to ensure that sufficient funds are approved and utilized in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
- To minimize disruption and resolving any unscheduled delays, making sound decisions in difficult situations.
- To deal efficiently with customer complaints and areas of concern.
- Must be Computer Literate
- Marketing & customer service oriented.
- Possess good communication skills- Written and verbal.
- Minimum of 3 years in shipping/logistics industry.
- Minimum of 3 years in freight forwarding/customs or materials management (in a manager/supervisors position/role -an added advantage).
- Experience in dealing with government authorities and government intermediaries.
- Strong commercial awareness and contract management hands-on experience for multi-million dollar contracts.
- Ability to marshal available resources in order to achieve desired goals in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
- BSc, HND or OND
- Qualified degree and/or a recognized professional qualification.